ABATE of Washington
Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
August 23, 2009
Call to Order: 11:22 AM
Pledge of Allegiance: State Sergeant at Arms – Mike McCarthy was not present
Officers: Chapter Reps
(P) Coordinator- Mick Gillispie () Position 1 – Open
(P) Secretary- Rona Smith (P) Position 2 - Ed “Top” Baker
(P) Treasurer- Koeta Imhof (P) Position 3 – Lyle Coyle
(A) Eastside Deputy Coordinator – Ron Voss () Position 4 - Open
(P) Westside Deputy Coordinator – Dutch Phillips (P) Position 5 – Mike Rutter
(P) Ambassador At Large – Mike Campbell
(P) NCOM Ambassador – Chris Dulas
Agenda Changes: Motion to approve agenda with modifications, MSP
Acknowledgments: Mike Middleton
* Insurance Renewal update
* distributed Spoke Certificates
* Submitted June 2009 minutes for approval, MSP
* motion to reimburse the State Secretary for late mileage reimbursement, MSP
* motion to reimburse the State Secretary for mileage for STEAM location facility, MSP
* motion to reimburse the State Secretary for Membership Booth expenses, MSP
* Distributed Financial Reports.
* Discussed policy clarifications and modifications 5.4.2, MSP
Event Reports 2009: Ron chairs
* Fall Swap Meet – on track
* STEAM – on track
* freedom run t-shirts discussed
Committee Reports: Westside Deputy Report: Dutch chairs -
* Bylaw – Chris is on track with his
* Communications – Mike discussed changes and improvements.
* Legislative – Donnie updated us on Black Thursday, discussed information video.
Toll and modified helmet bills and parade permit, share the road signs on roads.
Proclaim May future Freedom Rally
* Membership – Bruce was not present
* Newsletter – Chris gave update
* Products – Roxy was not present
* Public Relations – Don was not present
* Quartermaster – Jay was not present
* Webmaster – Mike spoke earlier
Ambassador At Large:
* gave report on the Spokane 100 years. ABATE was thanked by a Lewis County
member for information to fight a helmet ticket.
* spoke about a lawsuit by a Mongrel member. He would like to post the information on the web and have copies available for STEAM
* September 12th COC is hosting a non patch protest ride in Everett.
* October 17th, open ride into Portland for the NCOM Regional 8:45am meeting at the most south rest area. He would like to post both of these on the web.
Position 2- Ed gave chapters and events update for his area. He gave us an update on Lenny, he is doing well. Top mentioned the ECOM dates are conflicting for him.
Position 3- Lyle gave us updates. Spoke about motorcycle endorsements.
Position 5- Mike gave us an update on his health condition and his treatment. Nothing new to report for his areas chapters other than event updates. Thank Mike Campbell for helping with the new chapters.
None brought forward
1. motion to table banner purchase due to artwork and price quotes, MSP
1. nomination awards
2. citation committee and chairman NB
Good of the Order: Discussed future products.
Action Item Assignment: Chris – policy modifications, chapter multiple bank accounts, chapter/state check, spring opener art work requirements post in newsletter, STEAM flyer.
Dutch – itemize sp op sponsorship.
Rona – assemble 35 committee charter workbooks for STEAM
Ed – call freedom run t shirt people.
Adjourn Time: 5:15pm
Submitted By: Rona K. Smith
ABATE of Washington
Date of future ECOM: 11: A.M.
Motion to cancel the September ECOM, MSP /1
November 1, December 6.
Schedule of Meetings & Events 2009:
September 13 – Fall Swap Meet Enumclaw, October 2-4 STEAM/BOD Shelton